For certain (non-urgent) queries, you can get in contact with your GP by e-mail via a secure connection. Afterwards your GP will answer your questions in the same secure environment. We call this an e-mail consultation, or e-consult.
An e-consult is not the most appropriate way to deal with every health question!
Appropriate subjects/questions for an e-consult might include:
- Questions about lifestyle
- Questions about medications
- Questions about investigations and the results of investigations
- Questions about complaints you’ve previously discussed with your GP in the surgery
- Check-ups and questions about chronic conditions, like high blood pressure, asthma or diabetes
Do not use an e-consult for:
- Urgent questions
- Questions about new complaints
- Questions that will (probably) require a physical examination
- Emotional/psychological problems
Would you like to start an e-mail consult with your GP? Click here.
Caution: to start an e-mail consult, you need an account for the patient portal. Click here for more information.